What is a B-1 Visa
A B-1 visa is granted to foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States for short business trips and is sometimes called a business visa.
Visas are issued by the U.S. government to foreign nationals so that they can live, work, travel or visit the United States. Generally, visas are divided into two different categories:
- Immigrant visas - Otherwise known as Green Cards (permanent resident cards) these grant foreign nationals the right to live, work and travel throughout the United States on an unlimited basis.
- Nonimmigrant visas - These visas are granted to foreign nationals so that they can live, work or travel in the United States for short periods of time. B visas are Nonimmigrant visas.
In order to obtain a business visa to the United States, visitors must be able to show that they meet the eligibility requirements and go through customs at the United States border.
This ebook was created to help foreign business people apply for and understand B-1 business visitor visas and can help you come to the U.S. for your business trip.
Am I eligible for a B-1 Visa?
Applicants for B-1 visas need to be able to show that they are in the United States for short-term business purposes. This ebook can help you better understand how to do just that.
The following is a list of some of the many activities you can participate in as a B-1 visa holder in the United States, all of which will qualify you for your visa:
- Meetings and conferences
- Seminars and workshops
- Contract negotiations
- Business consultations
- Short-term professional training
- Professional conventions
- Independent research studies
- Market research
- Technical assistance with foreign-sold products
- Purchasing of goods, components or raw goods for use outside of the U.S.
It is important to take care when filing one's B-1 application as incorrectly filed applications may delay or deny your trip to the United States.
One of the big requirements for nonimmigrant visas is to be able to demonstrate to the U.S. government that you intend to return to your home country after your trip is completed. This ebook can help you do that.
What Is Included in the B-1 Visa Ebook?
The B-1 Business Visitor Visa ebook includes all necessary and up-to-date forms and can help you
- Apply for your B-1 business visa yourself
- Understand qualifying for a B-1 visa and its requirements
- Understand the B-1 visa application process
- With tips on how to successfully pass the visa interview
- Apply for a waiver if you are deemed inadmissible
- With next steps if your application is denied
- Extend your stay in the U.S. after you've gotten your B-1 visa