Ciudadanía EE.UU.Tarjeta VerdeVerifique EstatusVisasOficinas de USCISFormulariosContáctenosSitio CompletoIniciar SesiónCentro de SolicitudesDesconectar Sesión
Esta página actualmente solamente está disponible en Inglés.

Petition for Fiancé(e) K-1 Visa(I-129F)

  • Complete su solicitud oficial de USCIS en línea
  • Todo lo que necesitas para preparar y presentar tu solicitud
  • Nuestro sistema te asistirá a cada paso
  • Empieza tu solicitud por $160 más la tarifa de presentación de USCIS
  • Consejos útiles para ayudarte a presentar su solicitud correctamente
  • Incluye un cuestionario de elegibilidad, gratuitamente
Comenzar Aplicación en linea

Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Fiances of U.S. citizens who live outside of the United States can file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), to enter the U.S. and marry their fiance.

The visa designation for recipients of this visa is K-1 for fiances and K-2 for the dependent of that fiance.

After receiving a K-1 visa, the fiance of a U.S. resident can apply for entry at a U.S. port-of-entry in the United States. They then have 90 days to marry.

After marrying, the immigrating fiance is then supposed to file Form I-485, which is the Application to Adjust Status and grants the fiance permanent residency (Green Card).

What are the requirements for Form I-129F?

The most important requirement for Form I-129F is that the fiance gets married within 90 days of arriving to the United States. It is the sole purpose of this visa.

Although the K-1 visa is a non immigrant visa, it is unlike other non immigrant visas in that it does not require the applicant to show that they will return to their home country after their brief stay in the United States. Rather, they will be expected to file for a Green Card shortly after arriving in the U.S.

This makes this visa "dual-intent", meaning that they come to the U.S. as a non immigrant, but then become a permanent resident (Green Card holder) during their stay.

Other requirements may include a visa interview, biometrics appointment and various supporting documentation to be included in one's application.

How long does it take to become a Permanent Resident with Form I-129F?

There are multiple stages in the process of getting Permanent Residency with Form I-129F.

The first step, getting Form I-129F approved, can take five months or more according to the California Service Center's estimates.

Getting Permanent Residency with Form I-485 may take from six months to more than a year.

How much does form I-129F cost?

The I-129F costs $695 with application assistance. The following is a break-down of the costs:

  • Application assistance: $160
  • USCIS filing fee: $535