Replace Your Certificate of Citizenship
Prepare Your USCIS Form N-565 Certificate of Citizenship Replacement
Our Service Includes
- Safe and secure online do it yourself immigration software
- Easy to understand instructions
- Eligibility check before starting your application
- Helpful tools to prepare and file your application correctly
- Print ready application ready to mail to the USCIS
- Peace of mind
Price $285 (Government Fees not included)
By the way, here’s something you should know before using our serviceIF YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED YET, WE ARE NOT A LAW FIRM AND ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. WE ARE A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE PROVIDING EASY, SELF HELP ONLINE IMMIGRATION SOLUTIONS. PURCHASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE GOVERNMENT FILING FEES. BLANK FORMS ARE AVAILABLE WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREE FROM THE USCIS. Our software was built by immigration professionals and currently used by immigration attorneys. We pride ourselves in running the latest technology to make the immigration application process easy and secure. Our teams spend hundreds of hours every week improving how our systems work to make your experience the best it can be on any device. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS ARE NOT LAWYERS AND WILL ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING BILLING OR OUR SOFTWARE. We’re sure the USCIS tries really hard to make the immigration process easier for you, we’re just here to do it better. The choice is yours!
Immigration Instant Error ReportIncluded
- Complete your application online using our easy to use immigration software.
- Securely check your application using our Immigration Error Report technology.
- Review entire application for omissions of key information.
- Examine for typographical errors that might delay processing.
- Confirm consistent spellings of names and places throughout the application.
- Check for inconsistent, illogical or conflicting dates.
- Review for obviously illogical entries.
- Search for entries that conflict with each other.
- Our software checks the information you provide against the eligibility requirements for the immigration benefit you’re seeking, and notifies you if those requirements are not met.
- Once you complete your application, we print, assemble and mail out your application package to you.
- We include sticky notes on where you need to sign and date your application.
- Service includes a pre-paid envelope for you to mail your completed package directly to the USCIS for processing.
- We mail your application package via USPS
What are the government fees to replace a U.S. Citizenship Certificate?
For most cases, the government fee associated with form N-565 is $555
Replacing Citizenship Certificate with Form N-565
U.S. citizens who need to replace their naturalization or citizenship certificate file Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document, to request a replacement. A naturalization certificate is initially delivered to a citizen in exchange for theirGreen Card at their naturalization ceremony. A citizenship certificate is granted to individuals who are U.S. citizens by birth to citizen parents, but who were born outside the U.S. (The parent typically initially obtains their child’s citizenship certificate by filing Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship.) If a naturalization or citizenship certificate needs to be replaced, file Form N-565.
When should I file for a new citizenship certificate?
Here are the five main reasons to replace a naturalization or citizenship certificate, along with what must be attached to the completed form:
- Original certificate is mutilated– Attach the original certificate, two identical passport-style photographs, and the filing fee.
- Original certificate is lost or destroyed– Attach a copy of the certificate if you have a copy, two identical passport-style photographs, and the filing fee.
- Legal name change– This means a court changed your name after you received the original. Attach the original certificate, two passport-style photographs, the filing fee, and proof of the name change: a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.
- Foreign country requires a special certificate– A foreign country may require a special certificate to recognize you as a U.S. citizen. Attach two passport-style photographs, the filing fee, and a copy of the original certificate. Don’t send the original because it’s not required and you may not get it back. If approved, the new certificate will be sent U.S. Department of State for delivery directly to the foreign government.
- USCIS made a mistake– A filing fee is not charged for USCIS error. However, you cannot use Form N-565 to change a wrong birth date on the original.
While processing an application, USCIS may request an interview, more information, or an original document where only a copy is generally required (originals will be returned in this situation).
How long does it take to replace a citizenship certificate?
The USCIS may take six months to process a request for a replacement citizenship certificate.