U.S. CitizenshipGreen CardCheck StatusVisasUSCIS OfficesFormsContact UsFull SiteSign InApplication CenterSign Out

Green Card For Parents

Forms I-130/I-485 Online Software Preparation Services


  • Prepare your USCIS application using our online software
  • Secure, easy to use software will assist you every step of the way
  • Check if you're eligible to use our software before starting
  • Access to independent attorney review service
  • Document translations available for an additional fee
  • Helpful tools to prepare and file your application correctly
  • Peace of mind
Online Software Preparation Fee $199
Government Fees not included

WE ARE NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY. PURCHASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE GOVERNMENT FILING FEES. BLANK FORMS ARE AVAILABLE WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREE FROM THE USCIS. Our online software allows you to complete your application for submission to the USCIS. We are not a law firm nor a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Our 24/7 customer support is for technical and billing issues, and will not answer legal questions or give legal advice. The Refund Policy is found in our Terms of Use.


What are the government fees to apply for a Green Card for parents?

For most cases the government fee associated with form I-130 is $535

Family-based Green Card—Parent

Permanent resident cards (Green Cards) allow immigrants to live in the U.S. permanently. Parents of U.S. citizens can receive Green Cards relatively quickly. USCIS accepts Green Card applications from foreign parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years of age. (A foreign parent may not apply for a Green Card based on their child holding a Green Card.) A parent's journey to permanent residence in the U.S. begins when their child files a petition for them (Form I-130, Sponsor Family for a Green Card) with the USCIS.

What are the requirements for helping parents immigrate?

You can petition for adoptive parents and stepparents as well as natural parents. USCIS requires submission of different document types to show each relationship. USCIS document requirements are based on whether your natural parent applying to immigrate is your mother or your father and whether your immigrating father was married to your mother when you were born. If they were not married at the time of your birth, you may need to show that your father legally recognized your relationship or demonstrated emotional or financial responsibility of you prior to your 18th birthday.

What if my parent is already in the U.S.?

If your parent already has temporary permission to be in the U.S., then they can file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status along with your Form I-130. Form I-485 is sometimes known as the Green Card application. This is called "concurrent filing", and parents and their citizen children can do it because after approving a petition, USCIS sends it to the U.S. Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) for assignment of a visa number, and visas are always available for parents of U.S. citizens.

Parents who are lawfully inside the U.S. at the time of filing may apply for permission to work and travel while the Green Card application is pending.

What if my parent lives outside of the U.S.?

Parents who do not live in the U.S. when the NVC assigns their visa number will recieve the immigration petition and visa number through their local U.S. consulate. They will then follow consular processing through that local U.S. consulate or embassy.

Parents arriving to the U.S. from overseas may use their passport stamp as proof of the right to work until they receive their Green Card.

How long does it take for the petition to be approved?

The immigration petition, or Form I-130, may take six or more months to be processed by the USCIS. However, this is only the first stage of immigration and a citizen's parent may have to wait for a visa number to become available.