Green Card

Green Cards

Green Cards, also known as permanent resident cards, are immigration documents that indicate that their holder is allowed to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. The USCIS has a number of forms related to Green Cards from renewing them to helping relatives get one.

Renew or Replace a Green Card

Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, is used to replace Green Cards that have been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. It is also used to renew Green Cards when they reach their 10-year expiration date.

Form I-130, Sponsor Family for a Green Card

Citizens and permanent residents (Green Card holders) in the United States can apply for certain relatives immigration to the United States. Form I-130, Sponsor Family for a Green Card, is the first step in this immigration process.

Filing for Your First Green Card

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is used by immigrants to apply for their first permanent resident card (Green Card) after they have an approved immigration petition.

Family-based Green Cards

Different family members have different priorities in the U.S. immigration system. Some immigrating relatives may be eligible to file their petition and application for a permanent resident card (Green Card) at the same time.